Blackfoot continues working with community and business leaders to provide support during the coronavirus pandemic. With the help of our network, customer service and technical support teams, Blackfoot has added open WiFi hotspots in Philipsburg and St. Ignatius.
With so many of our students now enrolled in remote learning classes, options for downloading education materials and course information ensures they stay on top of their classwork. It’s important to Blackfoot that we find ways to keep our students connected, and we hope these free WiFi hotspots will alleviate some of the challenges our communities are facing.”Dave Martin, Chief Technology Officer
Students and members of the public can access these WiFi hotspots free of charge while remaining inside their vehicles or by following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines when exercising social distancing:
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
The free WiFi hotspots are accessible at the following locations:
- Philipsburg: At the corner of North Montgomery Street and East Broadway Street (next to the Kaiser Hotel)
- St. Ignatius: At the corner of Third Avenue and Pierce Lane
How to connect to a WiFi hotspot:
- Open your device
- Check for nearby WiFi networks
- Select the following WiFi network: Blackfoot Public WiFi
For more information on how Blackfoot is responding to the Coronavirus pandemic, please visit bftcomms2b.wpengine.com/covid-19-response.