Blackfoot Communications is a proud member of the Midtown Missoula Association. For more information, please visit www.MissoulaMidtown.com.
Blackfoot Communications, headquartered right here in Missoula, has owned and operated a world-class network across Western Montana and Southeast Idaho for more than six decades. Blackfoot is dedicated to upgrading and expanding its network to meet the increasing demands across its service territories.
As a member of the Missoula Midtown Association, fiber internet from Blackfoot supports the “success and growth of a healthy business community and to enhance the quality of life and quality of place for visitors and residents alike”.
You may be thinking about fiber internet as a means to download movies faster at home or seamlessly join video calls at work or virtually rent books from our public libraries. And you’d be right!
Fiber internet goes even further, increasing home values, creating entrepreneurship opportunities and allowing our neighbors to experience global communities right from our front porch.
- Study Shows Home Values Up 3.1% with Access to Fiber: A 2015 study found that “access to fiber may increase a home’s value by up to 3.1 percent. The boost to the value of a typical home — $5,437 — is roughly equivalent to adding a fireplace, half of a bathroom or a quarter of a swimming pool to the home.”
- The Best Small Cities to Start a Small Business: A 2022 study found that Missoula was in the top 10 US small cities for small business. This rating was based on several factors including “High-speed internet is crucial to modern business operations. We analyzed information taken from the 2020 American Community Survey. We looked at the percentage of homes in a city with access to broadband internet as a proxy for good internet coverage.”
- Broadband Internet Is A Federal Priority: The Federal Communications Commissions is providing funding for service providers like Blackfoot to expand its fiber network in rural and urban areas. “Reform will not only drive economic growth in rural America, but will expand the online marketplace nationwide, creating jobs and business opportunities across the country.”
Once known as a “telephone company”, Blackfoot now delivers advanced, enterprise-level network and managed services solutions to organizations in more than 16 states. And right here in Midtown Missoula, the company is continuing its focus on delivering the best internet and phone experience to small and enterprise businesses along with community organizations.
The Blackfoot network is strategically designed for uptime, reliability, redundancy and geographic redundancy. With the company’s mission to connect people, businesses and communities, Blackfoot partners with regional, national and international organizations to deliver services to more than 30,000 locations across the United States.
Fiber internet is crucial for communities to keep pace with modern health, education, entertainment and professional opportunities. Blackfoot is a proud member of the Midtown Missoula Association, and it looks forward to the growing success of Midtown Missoula!
Learn more about Blackfoot fiber projects in Midtown Missoula and beyond:
- For more information on fiber services for small businesses, visit: blackfootsmallbusiness.com
- For more information on enterprise solutions, visit: www.blackfootbusiness.com
- For more information on the Blackfoot Network Upgrade project, visit: www.blackfootcommunications.com/networkupgrades/
- Blackfoot is hosting the September 6 Midtown Missoula Association event: www.missoulamidtown.com/events